Hand Dyed 70% Cheviot & 30% Soy 4ply yarn 100g Skein
A carefully considered blend of British Cheviot combined with FSC and OEKO-TEX certified Soy fibre (Soy fibres originate in China). The Cheviot gives a soft and crisp base whilst the soy adds to the draping qualities, absorbency and dyes well.
- Weight: Approx. 2/8 weight 4ply (fingering)
- Length: 376m/411yds per 100g
- Hand-dyed by Becci and Markus at Riverknits
FLEECE & NATURAL FIBRES
Our Cheviot fleeces come from Maria and John's own Dodgson Wood flock and the fantastic Heatherlea Black Cheviots based in the Highlands.
NATURAL FIBRES - SOY
- Soy fibres are light and drape well
- The fibres are absorbent and breathable which allow them to be comfortable and cool in hot weather
- Soy fibres are a fast growing, renewable, natural by-product of food goods, however they do need a large amount of water and often pesticides for successful cultivation, which pose environmental balance questions
- Soy fibres are very fine and when spun into a yarn allow dye to cling easily which allows the yarn to hold colour well
- Fleece scoured in the UK
- Processed into yarn in Italy
For this yarn we worked with a highly regarded Italian spinner to push the boundaries of Cheviot wool use, re-introducing the wonders of quality British wool to a European audience, and benefitting from their immense knowledge of fine yarn spinning. The mill shares our regenerative business values.
We worked with Becci and Markus at Riverknits to create this beautiful collection, they created this beautiful mix of colours that work fantastically together. All hand-dyed in their studio based in Northamptonshire.
RiverKnits specialise in hand dyed colour, combining the traditional material of wool with original dyeing techniques to create exciting new ways of making. They have a strong focus on sustainable sourcing and natural fibres.
- Hand wash only - we recommend a wool wash
- Air dry flat to keep shape
Fully traceable, breed specific wool
We believe in the inherent value and potential of British wool. We believe by offering our knowledge generously we can help to build bespoke yarn and fleece projects that fulfil the needs of different brands and support their individual journey, that helps us to continue to build an ethical system that connects a community of like-minded people.
Experimenting with blends
We have been working on creating a library of yarns that pushes the boundaries of how we can utilise British wool for different end yarn types.
Experimenting with natural plant fibres and exciting breed blends, more information coming soon.
What we offer
We facilitate a range of options to optimise your use of British wool - from off the shelf yarns, to a fully bespoke yarn design service, we help you to connect with fully traceable British yarn and wool products.
The potential for wool
Want to find out more about how you can turn your own raw fleeces into finished products? Get in touch with us to find out how we can help you on your journey.
You might also like…
70% Cheviot & 30% Soy 4ply yarn 100g Skein
A carefully considered blend of British Cheviot combined...
70% Cheviot & 30% Nettle 4ply yarn 100g Skein
A carefully considered blend of British Cheviot combined with FSC...
100% Cheviot 4ply yarn 100g Skein
A fully traceable 100% British Cheviot yarn. The...